Blog > Post
New DB-Engines Ranking: newcomers, winners & losers
We have added another 4 tools to our DBMS popularity ranking, which now covers 233 systems:
- Impala (entry on rank 48) and JethroData (rank 201) are SQL-Engines based on Apache Hadoop.
- SciDB (rank 137) and Rasdaman (rank 187) are MultiValue DBMS (Array DBMS), often used to represent sensorical or geographical data.
Winners of the November ranking:
- MySQL: represents the system with the highest gain of ranking points this month.
- MongoDB: reduces the gap to PostgreSQL and fights for rank 4.
- Cassandra: only system among the top 10, which increased its rank.
- Redis: achieved its all time high score.
- SAP Hana: assures its continuos upward trend.
Losers of the November ranking:
- Oracle: although the undisputed number one, we measure the fewest ranking points since the begin of the ranking.
- Microsoft Access: has a continuosly negative trend. Are people migrating to SQL Server?
- Sybase ASE: lost many of the points it has gained during the previous months.
- Solr: lost a rank to Redis, and its margin of points over ElasticSearch is melting.
Share this page